www.squeak.org??? (attached page)

cg at cdegroot.com cg at cdegroot.com
Wed Sep 10 15:26:53 UTC 2003

Michael van der Gulik  <squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org> said:
>banner-ads...
Why not... I now have Google banner ads on my homepage, five minutes to
implement, not too ugly, and it brings me more money than hosting would
ever cost me (if I were to host it somewhere else than at my own ISP,
which funnily enough has never sent me a bill ;-)). I think squeak.org
could pay for itself with Google ads.

The layout is ok, but you managed to make it even uglier than the Python
pages by using an absurd color scheme.

Web design rule #1: text backgrounds are white. Period.

(web design rule #1 exception: off-white is ok as well ;-))

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg at cdegroot.com>
Cogito ergo evigilo