Garbage collector woes

Martin Drautzburg martin.drautzburg at web.de
Wed Sep 10 16:35:45 UTC 2003

Andreas,

after I took the lime to let it run for a couple of minutes it
eventually did come to an end, so it seems like it does not hang it
just gets very slow.

The system is an up-to-date 3.6 on Linux. The vm was built by myself
using vmmaker.

martin at beaureve:~$ squeak -version
3.4-gamma1 #9 XShm Sun Jul 13 11:01:58 CEST 2003 gcc 2.95.4
Squeak3.5 of '11 April 2003' [latest update: #5180]
Linux beaureve 2.4.20 #2 Sat Jun 14 17:24:16 CEST 2003 i686
default plugin location: /usr/local/lib/squeak/3.4-gamma1/*.so

The application I am running is my own address directory app. It deals
with roughly 50000 "AddressItems"

What other information would be useful ?