squeakToIso/isoToSqueak (was: Celeste ?)

Yoshiki Ohshima Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Wed Sep 10 20:28:03 UTC 2003

  Hello,

  Note that the problem is not simple squeakToIso/isoToSqueak
conversion.  The current Celeste code doesn't bother to decode the
encoded headers.  The fix by Mike mentioned by Bert seems (sort of)
does it, but it seems to me that it doesn't take the difference of
structured-field and unstructured-field into account.

  Speaking of squeakToIso/isoToSqueak, they look kind of bogus to me.

I would like the invariant something like:

	Character allInstances collect: [:c | c squeakToIso isoToSqueak = c and: [c isoToSqueak squeakToIso = c]]

to be the all true.  Also, for the array literals in #squeakToIso and
#isoToSqueak, self size = self asSet size is true.  Finally, the table
is compabie with the 'keymap' table in the Windows VM.  (Which is
different from X_to_Squeak/Squeak_to_X array in the Unix VM,
though...)

  One of my suggestion is those two methods should look like the
attachments.

-- Yoshiki