[FIX] APOP authentication

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Sep 10 15:42:13 UTC 2003

Mike Rutenberg <mdrs at akasta.com> wrote:

> But this is a small non core area which is difficult to write an SUnit
> test for.  Technically it is easy.  But I do not have a
> (Server,Account,Password) that I can use for a openly published SUnit
> test so that this can run headless.  Not to mention that the problem
> that this FIX is solving happens 1/16 of the time, which is why I repeat
> the login loop 200 times in the test I sent you.

Barring a POP server written in Squeak, the best solution to this would
seem to be running APOP over an in-memory pipe instead of a socket, and
testing that the right requests are being sent.  I don't know if there
is a handy in-memory pipe floating around in Squeak, but it sure would
be handy for testing network code.

-Lex