Documentation, more, more

mwgrant2001 mwgrant2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 11 14:39:35 UTC 2003

--- In squeak at yahoogroups.com, "Lex Spoon" <lex at c...> wrote:
> "mwgrant2001" <mwgrant2001 at y...> wrote:
> > I ENVISION MYSELF FALLING INTO A WOODY ALLEN-ESQUE NEUROTIC
> > PARALYSIS, UNABLE TO ACT ON ANY MATTER AS I WORRY OVER WHERE TO
PUT
> > ANY CLASSES I MIGHT DEVELOP!
>
> I wouldn't have thought of that particular problem.  Perhaps we
should
> add an empty category to the browser and put it at the top of the
list.

> It could be called something like "Sandbox".  Every little bit that
can
> be shaved off of the initial user experience is helpful.
>
> Okay, I've programmed it.  It's in my next message.

I've gotten some good rules of thumb from the forum subsequent to
that comment. BTW, 'sandbox', while a very apt description, is
potentially condescending to some people. Squeak should think beyond
the 'kids' theme--but not too far.  There actually are those who are
interested in it because it is a viable free smalltalk with which to
make readily available applications for in the commercial and/or
government world.

Besides 'TheVoid' may be more appropriate in my case ;-). It is a
good idea whatever you call it, though some may suggest making a
category is one of the first things one should learn. At any rate
your response has given me even more to think about from the
documentation angle yoo--I being swallowed by this forum. Have I
crossed the event horizon?

Best Regards,
Mike