About deprecated methods

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Fri Sep 12 06:26:59 UTC 2003

> We could wait two versions if others feel strongly about it, though.

Me too :)
In fact I would favor to remove them all and create a package with them
so that people can still load it for documentation purpose.

> Speaking of deprecated methods, someone mentioned awhile ago that they
> thought the deprecation method should be renamed from
> #deprecatedExplanation: to just #deprecated:.  I think this would be a
> good idea.

if someone wants no problem with us. But this will break our pending
changes :) but someone can do it.
Now two methods for deprecation MUST be there one for ordinary methods
and one with a block as parameter for primitives because we cannot
insert in the method body before the primitive tag a deprecation
statement.
In the next batch of changes I have move around primitives and you will
see some examples of the second methods.