[BUG?] MC creates mock classes but doesn't quite destory them

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Sep 14 23:41:37 UTC 2003

On Sun, Sep 14, 2003 at 08:00:34PM +0300, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:
> Yes, I looked, and Roels change is for a rename method which is
> similarly split, not for removal. So I propose:
> removeClassFromSystem:logged: -> removeBindingForClass:logged:
>
> Any objections alternatives? if not, I'll send in a changeset.

Sounds reasonable enough.  An alternative might be to call it
#removeClassFromSystemDictionary:logged:, but I think your suggestion
sounds fine.

The original method should be deprecated (not just renamed), because
some packages on SqueakMap may be relying it in for loading change
sets. Chronology currently does, and maybe others as well, so these
should be permitted to fail gracefully if the method is renamed.

Dave