[BUG] fast mouse clicks don't report mouseUp until mouse moves

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Mon Sep 15 16:04:25 UTC 2003

When I do a very fast mouse click without moving the mouse, the
mouseUp isn't reported until the next mouse move is detected.

Here the mouse click was probably faster than 100 msec or so, but the
mouse-up was not noticed until almost 2 seconds later when I moved
the mouse:

(events returned from 'Sensor nextEvent' in HandMorph>>processEvents):

#(1 718139 418 137 0 0 0 0)
#(1 718567 418 137 4 0 0 0)
#(1 720447 418 141 0 0 0 0)
#(1 722958 415 168 0 0 0 0)

(events sent to listeners by the hand):

[420 at 136 418 at 137 mouseMove 718139]
[418 at 137 mouseDown red 718567]
[418 at 141 mouseUp 720447]
[418 at 137 418 at 141 mouseMove 720447]

This behavior is the same in the Windows and Linux VMs.
--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com