About KCP and automatic initialize

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Tue Sep 16 14:35:09 UTC 2003

goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
> Hmmm. Sortof syntactic sugar for constructors. Ok, before people start
> shouting -
Well, I think it stinks. I completely agree that making understanding the
meta level a merely optional step in the route to writing a "hello world"
would be nice, but if we're going to change the language, we should
IMO get (much) more leverage than that. If we're not really picky, we'll
lose any claim to simplicity and power in no time.

> if we add the above in 3.7 we could easily wait with some kind of "final
> decision" on it until 3.8.
Hmm, what is SqueakMap for again, then?

Daniel