Some MC questions

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Wed Sep 17 00:37:20 UTC 2003

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:

> I'm a cautious guy. Also, first time I did this, I saw conflicts - with
> methods that the RB overrides, but actually exist in the base image.
> That was unexpectedly useful, because the RB versions were stale.

That surprises me - if the methods weren't already in the RB package, I
can't imagine why they'd show up as conflicts.  Can you reproduce this?

> Anyway, I'd like to avoid the remotest possibility of changes slipping past
> me. So load isn't a button I'm likely to ever use...

You can always open the version, and then hit Changes to see exactly what
it will do to your image before you load it.

We could have Load pop up the Changes list in the same way that Merge
does, so you always get a chance to look through them first.  Would people
prefer that?

> Yet another issue - if a numbered file is missing in my repository (say, 4)
> MC keeps wanting to name my next version that, instead of going for
> highestFound + 1. A little annoying...

That's a bug.  I'll look into it, thanks.