[BUG][SM] UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #removeFromCategories

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Wed Sep 17 12:41:18 UTC 2003

Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 September 2003 06:48 pm, I wrote:
> > Some lack of robustness with SqueakMap?
>
> I see I've already mentioned this.
>
> Is there some quick fix for these problems? I later tried deleting all
> the .log files in my SqueakMap directory (without leaving the image),
> but then I got:

The logic currently checks for the "sm" directory and not the files
themselves. See #synchWithLog. So just removing files without actually
removing directory doesn't work, my bad.

The first problem was probably due to the fact that the new image
reloaded the map from the logfile and that logfile was probably quite
old? So it may have contained "bug droppings" from earlier on.

Anyway, I should sit down "any day now" and put out 1.08 as the last
release of 1.0x in time for official release of 3.6.

SM2 will have a completely different (simpler, more robust) model for
synchronizing the maps.

regards, Göran