Webcam with Squeak web browser plugin

David Faught dave_faught at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 17 12:32:28 UTC 2003

Hi Mariano,

Mariano J. Badoglio wrote:
>Hello,
>I have problems to be able to see taken images of a webcam, running
>squeak inside a web browser. When I run squeak outside of the web
>browser walks well.
>I am using the squeak 3.5 in windows 98. The communication dll is
>sqWebCam.dll. (Downloaded from package "Video and Image Processing"
>of Diego Gomez Deck).
>If somebody can help me with this I will be very grateful.

I think it's possible that the Squeakland plugin version of Squeak
follows something like the "sandbox" security model that Java uses. See
http://www.cs.princeton.edu/sip/faq/java-vs-activex.html for some
additional info.  This means that it cannot load any dll or access any
device that the browser doesn't control.

I was wondering why in the world the Squeakland version would not
include the Speech classes, but this is probably the reason for that as
well.