About KCP and automatic initialize

Ian Piumarta ian.piumarta at inria.fr
Wed Sep 17 14:02:39 UTC 2003

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Avi Bryant wrote:

> Here's one that uses the MethodAnnotations changeset

Pleasantly small. ;)

Maybe we should consider what happens when dropping <initialize: #...>
into a class-side method.  Also, "argN" might be a little optimistic when
we have arbitrary class inst var names to contend with.  It also leaves
one wondering about...

>  initializeWithFoo: x
>    <initializer: #foo:>

...the relationship between the two (different) selectors involved.
Seems (to me, a bear of little brain) like you're exposing the meta level
again, just in a slightly different form and place.

If we could put just

	<initializer>

in there and then reuse the selector...

Ian (who promised to shut up, some time ago ;)