Squeak crashes on SuSE Linux 7.3

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Sep 17 15:39:51 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 17 September 2003 09:01 am, German Fabregat wrote:

> 	I am just new to this list as I am new to Squeak. I have
> previously used VisualWorks, and now I try to learn how to work
> with Squeak.

Greetings!

> 	I have choosen to start exploring Squeak's user interface the book
> "Squeak Object-Oriented design with Multimedia Applications" by
> Mark Guzdial -donated by ESUG to my
> University- and working through the examples of the book, I have
> found my Squeak awfully crashing.

It shouldn't be. My experience has been that it's pretty hard to crash
the VM.

Which version of the Squeak image are you using?

> In particular, when editing a
> Morph -an ellipse- and adding a new instance variable
> through the Viewer, I get a Segmentation fault with the following
> list of errors:

[...]

> I use the last stable version of Squeak (3.4-1) that I have
> compiled from the sources.

Could you please try the 3.6g-2 version at Ian's site (there is a
precompiled one as well as sources):
http://www-sor.inria.fr/~piumarta/squeak/

http://www-sor.inria.fr/~piumarta/squeak/devel/dist/Squeak-vm-3.6g-2.i386.rpm
or