video clip editing

Gary McGovern zeppy at australia.edu
Wed Sep 17 17:21:41 UTC 2003

Hello,
Has anything been done with movie/video creation and editing with
individual elements existing as morphs.

I've recently been editing some home made video clips and I thought it
would have been much easier to use morphs. I.e. turn one character into
another or change the whole background or to change the position of
characters etc.

I'm just about to edit another clip by hand (painting the background of
each frame). But if the elements were morphs I could just do the background
once.

As an afterthought, I was watching how "Attack of the Clones" was made last
night and I was surprised to see how much blue screen was used and it led
me to believe to the decomposition of an image into morphs cannot be done
(or not yet) ?

I would appreciate it is someone could shed some light on this topic.

Thank!
Gary