How to shut down Comanche (KomHttpServer 6.1)

Heribert Slama slama-h at gmx.net
Wed Sep 17 22:02:10 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I'm a Squeak newbie still learning the user interface.

Seaside grabbed my attention; it needs the web server KomHttpServer.
I installed the necessary packages with SqueakMap (SM Package
Loader).

The description of KomHttpServer contained  sample code for starting
up the web server and I ran it in workspace....

# 	| ma |
# 	ma := ModuleAssembly core.
# 	ma serverRoot: FileDirectory default fullName.
# 	ma documentRoot: FileDirectory default fullName.
# 	ma directoryIndex: 'index.html index.htm'.
# 	ma serveFiles.
# 	(HttpService startOn: 8080 named: 'httpd') plug: ma
rootModule

Now I am saddled with a never ending web server;-<  At each startuo
of Squeak it's kicking and alive. How can I kill the beast? IMVHO I
don't even have a "handle" (named reference) to it. Browsing thru
the hierarchy was more confusing than elightening.

With Seaside things are different. There the class WAKom understands
a #stop message, which shuts down the framework plus the web server.

TIA,
	-Heribert

--
Heribert Slama