About KCP and automatic initialize

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Thu Sep 18 08:21:54 UTC 2003

Hi guys!

(this one is kinda short)

Bijan Parsia <bparsia at email.unc.edu> wrote:
[SNIP of noteworthy non snooty stuff]
> Oops. I'm "contributing" to this thread *again*. Bad bijan! bad bad bijan!
> Millstone! Fuddyduddy! Luddite!
>
> I flog myself with snooty shame!

I just gotta say I love your posts Bijan. Give us *more*! :)

Now, one single but important point that none have raised AFAIK:

I want us to trust the KCP people. You (KCPers) are doing a great job!
Please, Stephane - you know that we (the community) can get carried away
in detailed discussions. Don't let it turn you down.

I want the subgroups that are formed within the community and that
actively shoulder responsibility for parts of Squeak to actually have
some form of "final saying" in the matter.

	With responsibility there should come some form of mandate to take
decisions.

Note that this is a personal post - not a united "Guides" post - but I
personally happily put my trust in the KCP people and let them decide.
We can always bang them on their heads later and change it back. Really.
We can. :)

regards, Göran

PS. I saw Dolphin has an empty initialize in Object at least. :)