About KCP and automatic initialize

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Sep 18 15:29:59 UTC 2003

Hi

thanks to let me know that I was pissing off people and be rude. This
was not my intention at least not the first level one.
	- then I appreciate discussion,
	- I value sharing,
	- I value the camp spirit,
	- note that if you do not want our changes no problem,
	- finally I was just fed up to read thing that were not fitting the
original intention of the change
	(because sure I want to have any class provide good creation
interface, I said that all the time
	in my lecture)
	- but there are arguments such as ANSI compatibility that do not hold
	- finally I can tell you that on one hand I would like to have
backwards compatibility but
	on the other hand I would like to move on.
	- finally I agree with andreas about this idea of an entry barrier
that I would like to lower

> And after all, all anyone has done is *argue* with you and *given you
> feedback*, not tried to take your Badge of Squeaky Cleaning Power away.

I do not have this badge, you are free to participate in cleaning. For
us this is more a charge
and frustration than an idea of power. and we always pay attention not
to mix research and KCP
and to be sure that this is for the better.
Do you think that I order roel or noury or even nathanael. We share a
common vision that's it. and we have
a ***lot*** of discussions on the topics. So may be for me this was
just that this is an old stuff that we talked
about so many times that I was just bored...

I was stupid to send this email. But I learned.

Stef