mc-commits?

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Mon Sep 22 08:27:50 UTC 2003

On Monday, September 22, 2003, at 12:55 AM, cg at cdegroot.com wrote:

> (and, probably simplest, Colin's idea - dunnow whether he talked about
> it here, but he mailed me about it -  of having an mc-commits mailing
> list @SqF. Mailman in its current incarnation supports 'sublists' on -
> IIRC - Subject: matching, which would make it trivial to monitor just
> the stuff you want)

Ooh, sublists is a twist I hadn't thought of.

Anyway, the idea is that we create an mc-commits mailing list and
configure the ViewMC servers for the main Monticello repositories to
send commit messages there. Then people can join the list (or sublists)
to keep an eye on what development is going on in the community.

This wasn't aimed at creating an update stream for version info,
although I suppose a mailing list might work for that as well.

Thoughts?

Colin