[NIT] Managing repositories in MC

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Mon Sep 22 09:20:38 UTC 2003

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:

> I dunno. Seems to me that having a url back to where the version was
> published is nice. Especially since this makes the source of a package
> verifiable - compare it to what it claims to be. But also because it
> allows a form of discovery we dont have now, which is that I can find
> all the repositories whose changes get into Gorans SMBase line, and
> decide to track them myself.

Yes, I like the idea of virally-spreading repositories.  Reminds me of the
way the blogging world works - MC as version-aggregator.

I don't think it's harmful to have a URL (or multiple URLs) as an
additional piece of metadata attached to a version, as long as you don't
expect to always be able to find the version there.