[BUG][MC] Monticello FTP repositories omit first file from 'open' list

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Wed Sep 24 00:17:38 UTC 2003

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Ned Konz wrote:

> I added an FTP repository to Monticello.
>
> When I went to get a file from it, I didn't see the first file
> (alphabetically) in the list.
>
> I had to rename my README file in that directory to 00README (which
> sorts before 'Classifications') to make the first file visible.
>
> repository is ftp://bike-nomad.com/monticello/StarBrowser

Thanks, Ned.  It seems your FTP server uses a slightly different directory
listing format from the squeakfoundation.org one (which has "total xxx" as
the first line).

Rev. 23 at http://beta4.com/mc/monticello fixes this.  I'm not sure where
Colin's at with the 'drag''n''drop' issue - when a fix for that is
committed, I'll update SM.

Avi