Squeak on Solaris

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Thu Sep 25 23:33:33 UTC 2003

Ian Piumarta wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Julian Fitzell wrote:
>

>>I grabbed the 3.6g-2 VM binary but squeak can't find libffi.so.1.
>

> See: http://www-sor.inria.fr/~piumarta/squeak/download.html, Section 3.3.
>

>>It also installs to a location that my sysadmin types don't want me
>>installing to :)
>

> See: http://www-sor.inria.fr/~piumarta/squeak/download.html, Section 2.2.

Thanks, Ian... I hadn't found that page.

>>iconv_open: Invalid argument
>

> I'm fixing this today.

Excellent, thanks.  I also realized that those were just warnings.  The
actual reason my image wasn't answering requests is that I had forgotten
to copy over the sources file.  So things aren't as bad as they seemed.
  Has anyone had any long-running applications deployed on solaris?  Any
problems with sockets or file descriptors or... anything else?

Julian