3.6g for linux becomes "sluggish": one more then I'll shut up

Ian Piumarta ian.piumarta at inria.fr
Fri Sep 26 03:44:32 UTC 2003

Hi David,

> Hmm...the code you mention is the very beginning of an implementation
> an X server in Squeak.

Ahh, my mistake.  (The fact it was running #accept: should have been a big
enough clue.  Duh.  :)

> This way I can open an xterm and emacs right inside a morphic project
> with squeak as the X server and the window manager.

Sounds like (1) a really neat project and (2) a lot of work. ;)

FWIW, a long time ago someone at Manchester wrote a window manager for X11
entirely in ObjectWorks.  The code might be in the UIUC goodies archive.

> Thanks for looking at the image and sorry for wasting your time :-)

Not at all.  If it was helpful then the time wasn't wasted.

Cheers,
Ian