[Babel] Looking for more translators

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Fri Sep 26 08:57:09 UTC 2003

<diegogomezdeck at consultar.com> wrote:
[SNIP]
> Take ButtonPropertiesMorph>>rebuild as an example, there you can see a
> StringMorph that receive:
>
>     'Button Properties for ',myTarget name
>
> As you can guess we will need some extra support in StringMorph (and other)
> to handle this case.  In the Spanish translation using babel we choose this
> option:
>
>    'Button Properties for {1}' translated format: {myTarget name}

Hmmm, without doing much thought my first reaction is that "Oh, the code
will get much more complex.". The original line is just a concat of two
Strings. The second new version includes an embedded syntax "{1}" and a
format: message - sure, not much but still more complex.

I am not trying to be negative here (really) but do we really need to be
"invasive"? I have a faint memory of some cool thing Andreas did a while
back in which you could translate literal Strings directly in the
browser (or something, haven't dug it up).

regards, Göran

PS. Anyway, keep up the good work and all that. :-)