SubEthaEdit

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Fri Sep 26 11:04:19 UTC 2003

Hi,

Yesterday, Markus Gaelli and myself did some "pair writing".

We decdided to try SubEthaEdit:
(http://wwwbruegge.in.tum.de/projects/hydra/subethaedit/)

If anyone on the list ever has the chance to try this, do it!
It's an amzing experience. The program is a quite simple text
editor, with Multi-user editing.

We had two powerbooks on the kitchentable, and worked on the
article for some hours. Really nice.

This of course got us to think about the consequences of having
true collabortion in Squeak itself... I think this would really
transform the way the community works. (e.g. pair harvesting).

I have to admit that I never tried to use nebraska. is this
stable/fast enough for real work?

   Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeak.de