[ANN] 3.6gamma candidate image available

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Fri Sep 26 17:55:02 UTC 2003

goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:

>Daniel Vainsencher <danielv at netvision.net.il> wrote:
>

>>What happens? if a walkback, mail bug to list.
>>
>>Daniel
>>

>The problem is this code in SMLoader class:
>downloadDirectoryName
>	"Answer the name of my default download directory.
>	This can be a relative name.
>	Default to the current directory for compatibility with old behavior"
>
>	^Preferences parameterAt: #SMLoaderDownloadDirectoryName
>		ifAbsentPut: [ FileDirectory default fullName ].
>
>Or rather - the code isn't the problem - but the Preference is set by
>Doug! Needs to be cleared.

Yeah, when I read Torsten's message, I figured my assumption that it was
okay to open the Package Loader in the candidate image was perhaps not a
good assumption after all.  (Opening the Package Loader apparently sets
this downloadDirectoryName preference.)

So, I will reset this preference... hopefully that will be sufficient.

Alternatively, I could try creating the full image again and see if I
could load the Upgrade-to-Full package via a command, and not open the
Package Loader at all.  Something like "SMSqueakMap default
installPackageWithId: '97aadf92-12b0-etc' ".

Either way, I will replace the full gamma image later today.

- Doug