Squeak on Solaris

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Sat Sep 27 16:15:41 UTC 2003

Lex Spoon wrote:
> Julian Fitzell <julian at beta4.com> wrote:
>

>>>	2. Solaris primitives seem to get interrupted much more easily than on
>>>Linux.  The particular place I remember bumping into this was doing
>>>readdir's on an NFS directory; it is more important on Solaris that
>>>system calls from the Squeak VM handle EINTR than it is on Linux.
>>
>>I notice a single squeak process seems to be consuming 20% of the CPU
>>according to top, as well... if I can't resolve that it could be
>>problematic. :)
>>

> Is this running headless or headful?  Or do you see the 20% in both
> cases?

Headless

> Is MorphicEyes open on the screen in your image?  If so, minimize it.

No, closing that is one of the first things I do in a development image :)

> Is your app running in MVC?  If so, then perhaps try Morphic.

No, it's morphic.

I probably need to do more profiling... for all I know there some
process running rampant in my image and usage is that high on my linux
box too... I'll have another look at this on monday if this isn't an
expected problem on solaris.

Julian