[UPDATES] 52 for Squeak3.7alpha, advance to 3.7beta - problems

Brent Pinkney brent.pinkney at aircom.co.za
Thu Apr 1 10:23:34 UTC 2004

Guys,

I previously reviewed both

	5839accurateDateAndTimeV2-avi
	5867DateTimeFactoredPrint-nk

and found them wanting becuase they remove the (speudo) nanosecond
precision of DateAndTime.

This in turn removes the key monotonic functionality where

	(DateAndTime now) < (DateAndTime now)

This is key to any application that needs sorted timestamps.

I provided a version of 5839accurateDateAndTimeV2-avi as
accurateDateAndTime-brp which keeps Avi's fixes but preserves the
monotonicty.

The only reason 5867DateTimeFactoredPrint-nk passes all the unit tests is
that is changes SchedultTest>>testMonotonicty so that is not longer tests
for strict monotonicty.

I sent an email to Ned about this yesterday. I propably should have used
the list.

It is a bit cheaky to change the specification of a kernel class like this
!

Fortunately if you file in accurateDateAndTime-brp and revert
ScheduleTest>>testMonotonicity to the prior version all is well.

Cheers

Brent