[ANN] RMT (Remote Messaging Toolkit)

Masashi Umezawa umejava at mars.dti.ne.jp
Thu Apr 1 11:25:26 UTC 2004

Hello,

> I wish to know if it's the same of a few days ago in
>
> ftp://swikis.ddo.jp/RMT/RMT.sar.

I've put the file twice. The first was actually for testing.
So, I recommend you get the file once again.

> I also wish to know if possible load your package in Squeak 3.6 and if could
> run with only KomServices or better loading all KomHttpServer-6.2.sar

It is possible to load in 3.6. But connection pooling stuff does not run
in 3.6, because #new does not send #initialize in 3.6.
I've attached a patch for that. But there are some Socket related fixes
between 3.6 and 3.7. So, it would be better in 3.7.

RMT does not require KomHttpServer. It only uses KomServices.

> Also , I doing network teaching this semester and try to do all Squeak as
> possible, from  doing ppt like preentations, asking students to build single
> XON/XOFF serial message protocol to using different web services (Comanche ,
> HttpView, Seaside, etc).

RMT can be used for developing applicational protocols.
For classroom lessons, 'developing your own ORB/VNC/CVS' would be interesting.

I'll use RMT as a communication core of the incoming NetMorph,
and 'Squeak native'(not SOAP) version of OperaORB.

Cheers,
---
[:masashi | ^umezawa]