[FIX] Re: [BUG] MessageNotUnderstood: MulticolumnLazyListMorph>>contents

Steven Swerling sswerling at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 2 17:34:36 UTC 2004

Thanks, here is a fix, which will be required in order to use celeste.

This fix prevents hScrollbars from appearing in Multicolumn list morphs,
which would seem to make sense in most cases, since most multi-column
list widgets stretch or squish their items when the pane changes shape.

Reading between the lines on a recent post, I couldn't help but wonder
if a "alwaysHideHScrollbar" preference might be a popular idea. If so,
it can easily be arranged.

A more clever approach then the attached fix could be attempted in the
future, once hScrolls are bug free. After looking at the multicolumn
list in the windows xp explorer, it seems hScroll would require some
nontrivial smarts in the MultiColumnListPane about when to compress
entries with ellipses, and when to stop squishing them and permit use an
  hScrollbar.