Squeak listening to specific IP Addresses?

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Fri Apr 2 18:53:54 UTC 2004

Hi Peter--

> Has any progress on squeak's interface to BSD sockets been made? Was
> anyone taking this on?

	I'm not aware of any new socket features being added since you last
asked. I think the Flow framework ( http://netjam.org/flow ) is the best
starting point for this work, since it has had a BSD orientation toward
sockets from the beginning (and this is reflected in a more
straightforward primitive interface).

	I currently don't have any need myself for multiple NIC support,
out-of-band data, etc. However, I plan to add these things to Flow (if
someone else hasn't already) after the current push on Squat (my guess
is November). In the meantime, please feel free! :)

	take care,

-C

--
Craig Latta