[Monticello] Error: Could not find version ...

Chris Muller afunkyobject at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 2 20:05:46 UTC 2004

I frequently get this error when trying to save a new version of a package with
prerequisites from the Monticello UI.

For now, I'm saving all my packages to a single directory repository where a
file with that name definitely exists, it's just that it's VersionInfo is
different from the one in the MCdependencies of the package being saved, but
I'm having trouble figuring out why.

Perhaps saving the prereq to a different repository caused the versionInfo's of
the deps in the requiring package to become "out-of-sync" with the one in the
first repository, although I would expect if the #modified flag were false
(which it was) it would just use the same VersionInfo.  But I'm completely
speculating..

All I want to do is save my code painlessly without having to debug something.
If that means creating additional versions of prereqs on the fly, wouldn't that
be easier than presenting the user with a debugger?