Window Title Font

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Fri Apr 2 21:13:26 UTC 2004

Frank Caggiano wrote:

> I believe we need to change the new default for the window title
> fonts. Its way to obtrusive and to big.  This is especially true in
> the debugger where the title has useful information.
>
> I know it can be changed but given the recent discussion concerning
> the look of squeak do we really need or want these big blocky letters
> screaming out at us?

I went with the largest TTFont size which would not increase the
vertical height of the titlebar.  With the TTFonts, if the sizes are too
small they start to look pretty fuzzy.

I guess they are rather huge compared with all the other fonts, though,
and I see your point about not fitting as much information in the same
space.  Maybe we should bump them down a point or two?

(Or were you suggesting we switch back to the Accuny non-anti-aliased
font?  I'd personally vote against that.  The Accuny12 font looked
pretty horrible in the titlebars IMHO... the auto-bolding made the
letters look awkwardly chunky.)

- Doug