[BUG] Exchange command broken in 3.7-5868

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sat Apr 3 17:50:41 UTC 2004

> This is one of the most useful commands in the editor -- it allows
> you to move a selection or exchange two selections quicker than
> any other system I know.

Actually that's one of the editor commands that drive me nuts - I find it to
work totally unexpected. When I first ran into it I expected it (and still
expect it ;-) to work like this:

* You select the first word, cut it out
* You select the second word, *exchange* it with the clipboard
* You click in the place where the first word was, paste it

The trouble with the way cmd-e works is that any random click will screw you
up and that two words appear at the same time in different places isn't
helpful either for me.

Cheers,
  - Andreas