dev.Smalltalk.org site running on production server

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin at cableone.net
Sat Apr 3 21:41:58 UTC 2004

Peter William Lount wrote:
> Hi,
>
> http://www.dev.smalltalk.org/zoku?info=news
>
> The dev.Smalltalk.org site is now runing on the production application
> server thanks to the help of members of the squeak community. Thanks.
>
> Since load testing is important I'd like people to try it out. Not much
> is working but the links in the menus mostly are... Please be gentle!

Browsing now, thanks.

Is mod_smalltalk going to available sometime? I didn't see it anywhere.

Have you tried testing your performance Apache/mod_smalltalk vs just
Squeak/Comanche? I would be interested in knowing what performance
difference Apache/mod_smalltalk does or does not provide.

> Anyone have an automated load testing tool? If so please let me know
> before you use it, thanks! That's so I can watch it fall over and crash!
> ;--} Actually it would be great if anyone has a recommendation for one
> I'll do the testing from here... please send the info..

Don't know if it qualifies as a load testing tool but you might try httperf.
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/David_Mosberger/httperf.html

By the way this is what I get at Netcraft.

The site www.dev.smalltalk.org  is running Apache/1.3.9 (Unix) DAV/1.0.2
mod_fastcgi/2.2.10 PHP/3.0.12 on FreeBSD.

Be nice if we could get a mention of Squeak in there. :)

Jimmie Houchin