[FIX] hScrollbar fixes

Martin Wirblat sql.mawi at t-link.de
Sun Apr 4 09:28:29 UTC 2004

Steven Swerling <sswerling at yahoo.com> wrote on 04.04.2004 02:51:13:

>3. Adds a preference called 'alwaysHideHScrollbar', which suppresses
>display of horizontal scrollbars (this option overrides the
>'alwaysShowHorizontalScrollbar' pref). Default is false.

IMO it would be nice to be able to tell a specific Morph to have
horizontal scrollbars, but generally have them disabled. This way one
could have e.g. the browsers without them, which I think is
reasonable, because there are only a few items cut off, and we mostly
identify them anyway, but in other cases the horizontal scrollbars may
be valuable or necessary. Let the application programmer decide if his
program needs horizontal scrolling.

The question then would be, what overrides what? Perhaps something
like this:

The standard pluggable Morphs don't use them. The programmer can decide
to enable them for his specific application, and the user can override
the programmer by disabling or enabling them everywhere.

Or is this already possible?

regards,
Martin