Newbie BFAV question

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Mon Apr 5 00:15:08 UTC 2004

On Apr 4, 2004, at 4:27 PM, Steven Swerling wrote:

> I got this walkback when trying to close set of fixes that were
> superceded by another set of fixes. The response message is '554
> <squeak-harvest at lists.squeakfoundation.org>: Recipient address
> rejected: Relay access denied'.
>
> I'm using the reply-to email address that I normally use when posting
> to the squeak list, and my standard smtp. I had marked the harvesting
> status as closed, and checked BFAV Server for the 'To:' field. I did
> not check any of the Review Steps items.

I'm not sure, but this sounds like either a problem with your smtp
server, or perhaps the squeak-harvest list doesn't like reply-to email
addresses?

Or do you normally use an id/pw with your smtp server?  If so, you may
not be able to use it without an id/pw, which is what the Squeak smtp
client does.

- Doug