Namespaces

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Mon Apr 5 03:23:19 UTC 2004

On Apr 3, 2004, at 3:58 PM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> So without any "namespace support" I can define and use a class named
> "Foo::Bar". All current tools should continue to work. What the
> namespace support then adds is not much more than allowing you to use
> the short name "Bar" for "Foo::Bar" if you are inside the "Foo"
> namespace.
>
> I must admit I like the simplicity of this approach a lot. And since
> it is so unintrusive, it should minimize conflict with more
> sophisticated techniques like classboxes.

I like it a lot too.  So let me reiterate my proposal that kicked this
thread off: let's get the scanner change to allow Foo::Bar as a single
identifier into the update stream.  The extended tool support can come
later.  Andreas, can you extract that and post it as an ENH, so that we
can review it?

Avi