Autobold in 3.7-5868

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at rnid.org.uk
Mon Apr 5 08:58:30 UTC 2004

> I also wouldn't mind if it behaved more like its archetype, the Show
> Paren mode of emacs where "whenever point is after a closing
> delimiter,
> that delimiter and its matching opening delimiter are both
> highlighted;
> otherwise, if point is before an opening delimiter, the
> matching closing
> delimiter is highlighted". Even people who don't need/like
> this feature
> for writing their own poper code, could benefit from this
> while reading
> code written by others.

I must confess that this is on my todo list. It's something that I simply
love about emacs, and as soon as I saw the autobolding thing I went "YES!"
and then went "oh, it's a pity it's not even more like Show Paren".

Unfortunately, "on my todo list" is synonymous with "Real Soon Now", but
perhaps I can do something early next week - I've a long weekend :)

frank