Version 4 Project Page now on Swiki

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Tue Apr 6 04:05:52 UTC 2004

Folks -

I've just put up a couple of pages about the Version 4 project on the Swiki:

	http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3716

Please check these out, but bear in mind that this is low-level VM work, and not of interest to, nor in the service of, general improvements to the images such as you see in most of the periodic updates.

I and others will update these pages as we go along, and I'll try to post significant milestones here from time to time.  However, if you want to contribute  or follow closely, then you may want to join the squeak-vmdev mail list.

As it says on the swiki, we are currently assembling the tools (mainly SystemTracer and InterpreterSimulator) and making sure that they run well in 3.7.  They now mostly do.

The activity for the week (besides my getting started on 64-bit simulation) is to decide on all the changes to be included in the project, and to define the new image format.

Enjoy
	- Dan