Another perspective on modularity

Michael van der Gulik squeakml at gulik.co.nz
Tue Apr 6 04:11:33 UTC 2004

Craig Latta wrote:
> Hi Mike--
>
> 	It sure sounds to me like you're describing Squat. :)
>
> 	( http://netjam.org/squat )

Okay... I'm fiddling with Squat while my boss isn't around :-P.

Are Squat's modules "live"? That is, do they have their own threads and
memory, so that messages from one module can travel to another module
and be processed there? I know (or think I know) that Squat can import
methods, and send remote messages to other running VM's.

In terms of NameSpaces, are these (going to be) managed in Squat? Can
you give a module access to the NameSpaces of (pointing in air) that
module, that module and that module, and no other?

Keep the good work up! It's nice seeing a working VM with browser etc in
  less than 2Mb uncompressed.

Mikevdg.