[FIX] AddAllFix-ac ( [er][sm][et] The problem reported still exists )

Andrew Catton andrew at beta4.com
Tue Apr 6 18:15:48 UTC 2004

Frank Caggiano wrote:

> Andrew Catton wrote:
>
>> frank at crystal-objects.com wrote:
>>
>>> The problem reported by this bug/fix report from last August stiil
>>> exists in 3.7b, The fix proposed does prevent the inifinite loop. Is
>>> this the best way to go about this?
>>>

>> I submitted a fix for this back in the fall, but have since changed my
>> mind about the best thing to do in this situation.  The submitted fix,
>> IIRC, added the collection parameter to a copy of self when it ==
>> self.  I'm now pretty convinced that an error should just be raised
>> when the parameter == self (since it is almost definitely
>> unintentional, and if you really wanted to do this for some reason you
>> could always explicitly use a copy yourself).  Does this sound sensible?
>>
>> Andrew
>>

> Yes I believe the original report I was commenting on was from you. You
> can close the original report then, as it is yours, and submit a new one
> with the change you now propose.

That certainly is something I can do, although we're in the middle of a
hectic deployment at work right now, so I can't promise to even look at
anything else for a while.  That said, this would be a pretty miniscule
change--I was mostly interested in whether you or anyone else
agreed/disagreed that this was the right thing to do.

Cheers, Andrew