Use same subject when posting new versions (was Re: [ENH] NewProgressBar)

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Wed Apr 7 19:12:07 UTC 2004

Alexander at Lazarevic.de wrote:

>With some good advice I've written some new code that performs better
>than what I had in DefaultProgressBar. Because it is mostly new code (in
>NewProgressMorph) I made a new changeset and will close the
>DefaultProgressBar enhancement on BFAV.

Just a reminder... it's generally better if you keep new versions of
fixes/enhancements in the same group in the BFAV, by using the same
subject line (with an extra comment in parentheses if needed).  Even if
it is a completely new implementation.  For example:

[ENH] DefaultProgressBar (v2 replaces the old one)

This way we have the whole history of how the enhancement progressed in
one group in the BFAV, and we don't have to worry about closing the old
one, etc.

- Doug