[PROPOSAL] Disallow // and \\ in Slang code (was: Re: Squeakarcheology - quo vs. //)

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Apr 7 19:29:06 UTC 2004

"Andreas Raab" <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:

> Tim,
>
> > Sounds plausible to me but we will have to remember to update those
> > primitives that are generated from code outside VMMaker.
> > MiscPrimitivePlugin for example.
>
> The translator should raise Big Ugly Notifiers if you use // or \\ - this
> will point out in no unclear terms that there's a problem.
I was about to say something like "that's so easy even I can arrange
it" when I remembered that right now we can't actually persuade
notifiers to arise at the proper times - ugly or pretty. As Ned pointed
out, it seems to work in an MVC project so somewhere it looks as if
someone has futzed some handling in morphic worlds.

As soon as that is fixed we can do something.

tim
Never do card tricks for the group you play poker with.