[ENH] NewProgressBar (reviewed [er][et])

Yoshiki Ohshima Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Wed Apr 7 20:03:33 UTC 2004

  Hello,

  I tested this.  The 'at: aPoint' argument seems to be ignored, but
I think it is ok.

  The nested usage something like:

------------------------------
['Now you see it... '
	displayProgressAt: Display center
	from: 0 to: 100
	during: [:bar |
		1 to: 100 do: [:i |
			bar value: i.
			'i=', i printString displayProgressAt: Sensor cursorPoint
			from: 1 to: 1e5 during: [:baz |
				1 to: 1e5 do: [:j |
				baz value: j
			]
		]
	]]] timeToRun
------------------------------

or even,

------------------------------
 ['Now you see it... '
	displayProgressAt: Display center
	from: 0 to: 1e2
	during: [:bar |
		1 to: 1e2 do: [:i |
			bar value: i.
			'i=', i printString displayProgressAt: Sensor cursorPoint
			from: 1 to: 1e2 during: [:baz |
				1 to: 1e2 do: [:j |
				baz value: j
				'j = ', j printString dissplayPregressAt: Sensor cursorPoint
				from 1 to: 1e2 during: [:foo |
					foo value: k.
				]
			]
		]
	]]] timeToRun

works.  (To see the 'k' loop, insert some delay there)

  The performance penalty, compared to the 'direct to Display'
version, is some 25%.  Which I think quite reasonable.

  So, I'd say this is good to be included.

-- Yoshiki