Where is Squeak Headed?

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Apr 8 04:44:52 UTC 2004

That would be awesome, Dan!  Frankly, I do not have a good feel for what
is going on in all of Squeak any more.  It still seems small enough that
you could write a single article with a good overview, however.  That
would great of you to do it again.

I, too, have visited that page many times on the Swiki, and always felt
a little bad about it.

So what should go in it?

It's important to mention the major branches of Squeak that are coming
out, such as Tweak.  I will not attempt to list them because I am too
out of it, but each branch is an interesting direction on its own.

There are a lot of software-engineering changes, such as the review
process for including patches, and the package-ization of the image, and
the wider and wider use of SqueakMap.  These things seem likely to keep
going into the next few years at least.

Okay, just two ideas.  I'm sure more items will come up.

-Lex