[ENH] NewProgressBar

Alexander Lazarevic Alexander at Lazarevic.de
Thu Apr 8 15:54:26 UTC 2004

That was obviously too easy. With this the refresh rates of all progress
bars depend on the one doing the forced refresh. I will stop here and
leave it as it was, before it gets too messy. I think the new
ProgressMorph is good for what it should do and that is replacing the
old MVC style progress display with a morphic one. Nothing more, nothing
less.

Alex

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: squeak-dev-bounces at lists.squeakfoundation.org
[mailto:squeak-dev-bounces at lists.squeakfoundation.org] Im Auftrag von
Alexander Lazarevic
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 8. April 2004 17:17
An: 'The general-purpose Squeak developers list'
Betreff: [ENH] NewProgressBar

Hi Stef!

> I have a new version: what about something along this line:

No, that's not working either. I think the following will do the trick:

            "..."
	forceRefresh _ Processor activeProcess = Project uiProcess.
	^[:barVal |
		(barVal between: minValue and: maxValue) ifTrue: [
		newBarSize _ (barVal - minValue / range * BarWidth)
truncated.
		newBarSize = barSize ifFalse: [
			barSize _ newBarSize.
			(bars at: slot) barSize: barSize; changed.
			(forceRefresh and: [Time primMillisecondClock -
lastRefresh > 25]) ifTrue: [
				self currentWorld displayWorld.
				lastRefresh _ Time
primMillisecondClock]]].
		slot]

If nothing breaks I will send out an update during the next days.

Alex