Squeak in Robotics

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Fri Apr 9 02:27:12 UTC 2004

Roderick Taylor <r.taylor at student.qut.edu.au> wrote:

> to compile Unix Squeak.  I've compiled a working linux kernel
> with this cross compiler so I know it works at least.
>
> Does anybody have any tips on cross compiling Unix Squeak?
> Would the easiest way be to rewrite a build system for it?
I'd suggest that if you've been able to crosscompile a linux kernel
then you probably won't have any trouble compiling a vm. It's only a C
program after all. For the Interval MediaPad we had to survive the
awful cross-compiler tools that ARM used to offer (they're supposed to
be much better now) and even those caused no real problems in
compiling. Transferring the executable across to the pad, though, well
that caused some ulcers.

tim
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he pulled Piglet out the mincer.