squeak wiki url proposal (re Where is Squeak Headed)

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Fri Apr 9 05:25:02 UTC 2004

On Thursday, April 8, 2004, at 05:03 PM, Simon Michael wrote:

> In support of the Where is Squeak Headed thread..
>
> A wiki is normally an excellent place for gathering and drafting this
> kind of information. However our wiki's usability is poor. It fails
> basic usability test #1: can I get there without having to think or
> search ?
>
> A simple url absolutely is necessary. My choices, in order, would be
>
> 1. squeak.org (example: freedesktop.org)
> 2. squeakwiki.org (example: emacswiki.org)
> 3. wiki.squeak.org (example: wiki.debian.net)
> 4. squeak.org/wiki
> 5. URL redirection - better than nothing, but a half-solution that
> looks amateurish.
>
> I volunteer to make this happen if no-one else wants to do it.
> But it requires the cooperation of the squeak.org owner (Dan) and/or
> the minnow owner (Mark, Jochen ?). Can we discuss/do this ?

Sounds like a great idea to me, assuming the owners are able to help.
Any of your five choices would work, although actually I'm not sure
about #1... the base http://squeak.org address has been discussed on
this list before and I think we agreed that at least the home page
should remain a static html page.  But there could be direct links to
the swiki, which could be "part" of the squeak.org pages as
wiki.squeak.org, etc.

- Doug