[ANN] Exupery 0.03, most bytecodes are now covered.

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Fri Apr 9 16:48:06 UTC 2004

Bryce Kampjes <bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk>  wrote...

>Compiling the bytecode benchmark provides a nice but not impressive
>speedup.  I get '429890848 bytecodes/sec; 4427861 sends/sec' when
>evaluating the expression below. A stock 3.4-2 VM gets '145454545
>bytecodes/sec; 5060412 sends/sec'. This is not like for like, because
>it's comparing the latest from CVS with a 3.4 VM. However, I haven't
>verified that my VMs are gnuified so 3.4-2 is the best stock VM I
>have.

Way to go, Bryce!  Merely making it around the test track alive is good (ie, actually getting it all to run in a working Squeak).  Looks like a fun summer ahead.

	- Dan